By using Taurus Bitcoin Exchange, accessing the website, or using any service provided by Taurus, you agree to the following terms of service. Continued use of the Taurus website demonstrates that you agree with our terms of service.
Throughout the following terms of service, Taurus Bitcoin Exchange may be referred to as "us", "our", "we", "the website", and "Taurus". Users of Taurus include but are not limited to registered members, as well as any visitor who uses the website in any way, shape or form. The term cryptocurrency may be used to describe any form of digital currency, including but not limited to Bitcoin.
By opening an account or accessing the Taurus Website, you agree to the following terms:
- These policies may be changed at any time, with or without notice. It is your responsibility to regularly review the policies of Taurus.
- You are at least 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your country.
- You must not be a resident or citizen of the United States of America or any territories of the United States of America.
- You accept that the purchase and sale of cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) involves risk. Due to the constant price fluctuations, you may increase or lose value in your assets at any time.
- You acknowledge that purchasing Bitcoin (or any other digital currency offered by Taurus) involves risk and you will not hold Taurus accountable for any gains or losses that you incur as a result.
- In no circumstance shall Taurus be responsible for any loss that you incur.
- Taurus does not allow users to perform payments to any third party accounts.
- Taurus may cancel potentially high-risk top ups or withdrawals, including top-ups made using reversible payment methods.
- Taurus reserves the right to change top up and withdrawal limits on your account as we deem necessary.
- Taurus does not provide, offer or exchange securities, investment contracts or any other form of financial instrument that may be considered by law to be a "security".
- Taurus offers a marketplace for the buying and selling of Cryptocurrency. While we strive to ensure that marketplace is both fair and free, we cannot be held accountable for any form of "market manipulation" that may occur, whether it be within the Taurus marketplace, or in the cryptocurrency marketplace as a whole.
- Users agree that cryptocurrency prices are often unpredictable and experience swings due to a variety of reasons, including government interference, market conditions and speculation.
- Taurus does not set the current market price. The price of cryptocurrency units traded on the Taurus platform result directly from buy and sell orders placed by users.
- Any trading decision based on information provided by Taurus shall be the responsibility of the user alone. Taurus assumes no responsibility for any action that is taken in the course of using the Taurus website or API.
- Market information on Taurus is not delayed. However, in the event of a network outage or similar situation, users acknowledge that Taurus bears no responsibility for any delays.
- As a user of Taurus, you acknowledge that Taurus has no responsibility for any losses that you incur as a direct or indirect result of the website or any of our services.
- Taurus is not a bank, and therefore is not protected by CDIC. Fundings, whether they be in a national currency or digital cryptocurrency are not protected by any government insurance policy.
- Taurus does not store customer’s funds. You may have to manually initiate the withdrawal of the proceeds to your own account outside of Taurus. Taurus accounts are established for storing your transactions information only.
- All account fundings are considered to be purchases of “Taurus dollars”. These are units that are used for the purposes of purchasing Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. Taurus dollars are NOT Canadian or US dollars. Any notation of $ or CAD refers to an equivalent unit in Taurus dollars, which exist for the sole purpose of buying and selling Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Taurus is NOT a financial institution, bank, credit union, trust, or deposit business. We DO NOT take Deposits. We exist solely for the purposes of buying and selling cryptocurrencies.
- It is the user's responsibility to secure his or her Taurus account. Any loss that occurs as a result of negligent security practices, whether it be on the part of the user, or Taurus, will not be the responsibility of Taurus, its directors, associates or employees.
- It is your responsibility to guard your password. Sharing your password with a third party constitutes a breach of this contract.
- The Taurus website and any related service is provided "as is". We make no warranties, expressed or implied.
- The content and services provided by Taurus are for informational purposes only and are not intended to provide legal, financial, tax, accounting or investment advice. We assume no liability for any information provided by our employees, directors, or affiliates, regardless of its accuracy. Any action taken by a user is their decision, and users absolve Taurus of any liability for any outcome that may occur.
- Taurus is based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We comply with all local laws. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that they are in compliance with their local laws.
- Any user that breaks any law in their jurisdiction of residence or nationality by using any service provided by Taurus shall be liable for any damages incurred by Taurus as a result.
- Any user that breaks any law in their jurisdiction of residence or nationality by using any service provided by Taurus agrees to forfeit any assets within their Taurus account, at the discretion of Taurus or its employees.
- If buying and selling Cryptocurrency is not legal in your country, do not use Taurus. Failure to comply with local laws may result in the loss of your account and any assets contained within.
- In the event that Taurus or its directors face legal action as a result of your actions, you agree cover any damages, including legal fees, that Taurus incurs as a result.
- You agree not to copy any information from the Taurus website, without our permission, with the exception of the publicly available figures as found in our order book.
- In no event shall Taurus or its associates, affiliates, or subsidiaries be liable for any damages, including damage for loss of data or profit, arising out of the use of the services of materials provided by Taurus, even if Taurus is negligent in any way.
- You attest that you are not a criminal, are not associated with any criminal activity, and that all funds that are sent to Taurus are free from any criminal association, are not the proceeds of crime, and are not derived from any criminal activity.
- Taurus reserves the right to modify, add or remove any article from these terms, at any time, and at our sole discretion.
Due to the nature of the Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency markets, all trades conducted on Taurus are final. Please review our official refund policy below.
- All fundings made to Taurus members' accounts can be refunded, at the request of the user, to the original funding method, provided that the funds remain in the original fiat balance of that user. If only a portion of the funds remain in the user account, a partial refund may be completed at the request of the user.
- Funds which have been traded for Bitcoin or any other Cryptocurrency through the Taurus system are not eligible for a refund.
- Funds which have been withdrawn from the Taurus website, using any available method, are not eligible for a refund.
- Refund requests must be submitted within 7 days of completing the original funding. Official requests should be sent to [email protected].
- All refund requests will be processed using the same payment method as the original funding.
- If you have additional questions regarding our Refund Policy, please contact the administration of Taurus at [email protected].